UPSC is a constitutional body as mentioned in article 315 to 323 in part XIV of our constitution.
- Article-315: Public Service Commissions for the Union and for the States.
- Article-316: Appointment and term of office of members.
- Article-317: Removal and suspension of a member of a Public Service Commission.
- Article-318: Power to make regulations as to conditions of service of members and staff of the Commission.
- Article-319: Prohibition as to the holding of offices by members of Commission on ceasing to be such members.
- Article-321: Power to extend functions of Public Service Commissions
Please note that we are showing only that information which is relevant to our exam. Remaining information may not be much of any importance for us.
So, if you want to prepare for the examinations conducted by UPSC you should be aware of some of the facts. Firstly, in most of the exams UPSC has similar syllabus structure for prelims. Mains syllabus and pattern may be different for each of the exams.
Secondly, you should be thorough with the highschool NCERT’s for most of the entry level exams conducted by UPSC. Specially with history, geography, economics, polity, science and technology, art & culture etc. Also, be prepared with basic numeracy and reasoning abilities.