Indian Army has announced recruitment for 128 posts of religious teachers. Please find the post details as follows:
Download Notification: Indian Army JCO 128 posts recruitment Notification
ONLINE REGISTRATION OPENS ON 08 OCT 2022 AT 0001 HRS
ONLINE REGISTRATION CLOSES ON 06 NOV 2022 AT 2359 HRS
RECRUITMENT NOTIFICATION JUNIOR COMMISSIONED OFFICER (RELIGIOUS TEACHER) RRT COURSES 91 & 92
Exam Fee: No Fee
Vacancy details are mentioned in 4th point.
1) Applications are invited from eligible Indian male candidates for recruitment of Religious Teachers in Indian Army as Junior Commissioned Officers for RRT 91 & 92 courses.
2) Religious Teachers preach religious scriptures to troops and conduct various rituals at Regimental/Unit religious institutions. Their duties also include attending funerals, ministering to the sick in hospitals, reading prayers with the convalescents, visiting soldiers undergoing sentence, giving special religious instructions to the children and enlisted boys besides attending generally to the religious institutions and welfare of the Officers, Soldiers and their families.
3) All recruitment processes were suspended and cancelled due to COVID -19 pandemic for past two years.
In order to provide opportunity to aspirants pan India, two years age relaxation has been granted for Recruiting Year 2022-2023 as a one time measure.
Candidates who had passed their Physical Fitness Test and Recruitment Medicals in Recruiting Years 2020-21 & 2021-22 and were awaiting conduct of CEE and are still willing for recruitment are advised to re-apply online on Join Indian Army Website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in and undergo the recruitment process afresh as the periodicity /validity of the tests have lapsed.
(b) Pandit (Gorkha)for Gorkha
Regiments 05 Hindu (Gorkha) candidates only
(d) Maulvi (Sunni)
(e) Maulvi (Shia) for Ladakh Scouts
01 Ladakhi Muslim Shia
(g) Bodh Monk (Mahayana) for
Note: These vacancies are tentative and may be changed at any stage.
All the Eligibility Criteria will be common for In Service and Direct Entry Candidates.
(a) Age Limit. The age bracket in respect of Civilian and In-Service
Candidates would not be below 25 years of age and not above 36 years of age on 01 Oct 2022 (i.e. candidates born between 01 Oct 1986 and 30
Sep 1997 inclusive of both dates).
(b) Educational Qualification. The minimum educational qualification
required will be as under :-
(i) RT Pandit and Pandit (Gorkha) for Gorkha Regiment.
Hindu Candidate with Shastri/ Acharya in Sanskrit form UGC recognized University. In addition, individual should have undermentioned religious qualification:-
(aa) ‘Karam Kand’ as one of the main/ core subject during Shastri/ Acharya.
(ab) One year Diploma in ‘Karam Kand’.
(ii) RT Granthi. Sikh Candidate with Graduation in any discipline from a UGC recognized University.
In addition, individual should have
‘Gyani’ in Punjabi.
(iii) RT Maulvi. Muslim Candidate with Graduation in any discipline from a UGC recognized University. In addition, individual should have Alim in Arabic or Adeeb-e-Mahir/ Urdu Mahir in Urdu.
(iv) RT Padre. Christian Candidate with Graduation in any discipline from a UGC recognized University. In addition, individual should have been ordained priesthood by the appropriate ecclesiastical authority and is on the approved list of the local Bishop.
(v) RT Budhist. Budhist Candidate with Graduation in any discipline from a UGC recognized University. In addition, individual should have ordained as Monk/Budhist Priest by an appropriate authority.
The term ‘Appropriate Authority’ will mean Head Priest of the Monastery where the person has been initiated into priesthood.
The Head Priest should be in possession of Geshe (Ph.D) of Khanpa or Lopon or Rajbam with Proper certificate from Monastery.
6) Medical Standard
(a) A candidate should have robust physique and mental health, chest should be well developed having minimum 5 cm expansion, should have normal hearing with each ear, should have sufficient number of natural teeth, i.e. 14 dental points with healthy gums.
Candidate should not have diseases like deformity of bones, hydrocele, varicose veins or piles.
(b) Serving combatants or Remustering candidates must be in medical category
SHAPE-1. Remustering candidates will be exempted from recruiting medical examination at the time of recruiting rally. A certificate indicating medical category duly signed by Army Medical Authority where individual is serving and countersigned by the Commanding Officer of the unit will be submitted by the candidate.
7) Physical Standard and Fitness Test
Criteria Minimum Standard
(a) Height (cm) (i) For General – 160.
(ii) For Gorkhas & Ladakhi region candidates- 157.
(iii) Andaman & Nicobar Island, Lakshadweep Gp incl
Mini coys – 155 (only Locals).
(b) Chest (cm) 77 for all.
(c) Weight (kg) (i) For General (less Gorkha & Ladakhis) – 50.
(ii) For Gorkhas & Ladakhi region candidates – 48.
(d) Physical Fitness Test
Candidates should be able to run 1600m in 08 Minutes.
Note: Provisions for extra time for 1.6 km run in Hilly Terrain
(i) Between 5000 ft to 9000 ft – Additional 30 secs.
(ii) Between 9000 ft to 12000 ft – Additional 120 secs
Candidates found eligible will be issued with Admit Card for initial screening which will include checking of original certificate, physical fitness test followed by medical examination at respective Headquarters Recruiting Zone/Regimental Centres concerned.
9) Written Examination, Interview and Terms of Enrolment. Screened candidates will be put through written examination which will be conducted on 26 Feb 2023. The written examination will contain objective type of questions and comprise of two papers as follows:
Question Nagative marks per wrong answer
(General Awareness) – 0.5
Paper-II (specific to religious denominations as applied by the candidates) – 0.5
1) Paper-I is common to candidates and is a qualifying exam only.
Candidates scoring min 40% marks in Paper-I will only be assessed in Paper-II. Marks obtained in Paper-I will not be counted for preparation of merit list for appearing in the interview or final selection.
2) Candidates who have been shortlisted based on marks only in Paper-II will be interviewed by board of officers at MEG & Centre, Bangalore and 39 GTC, Varanasi, as applicable.
3) The names of candidates declared successful in the written examination and short listed for interview will be put on Rtg Dte website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in by HQ Rtg Zone, Bangalore.
4) Candidates scoring a minimum 50 out of 100 marks (50%) will qualify in the interview.
5) The final selection will be based on merit list drawn on the basis of the total marks obtained in Paper-II and Interview.
6) No bonus marks is entitled to son of Serving/Ex-servicemen/War Widow/Widow and Sportsmen/NCC/Computer certificate holders.
10) Terms of Enrollment:
(a) Candidates finally selected will be enrolled as JCO (RT) and will undergo 06
weeks of Basic Training at BEG and Centre, Kirkee followed by 11 weeks of training specific to religious denominations as applied by the candidates at Institute of National Integration (INI), Pune.
(b) On successful completion of training the candidates will be commissioned as
Religious Teachers in the rank of Naib Subedar as per existing terms and conditions.
Rejection can take place at any stage during training also.
11) How to Apply:
(a) The recruitment will be carried out through all the Headquarters Recruiting
Zones, Independent Recruiting Office (Delhi Cantt), GRD Kunraghat, Ladakh Scouts Regt Centre (Leh).
(b) Civil Candidates can appear for screening and written exam only in the
Headquarter Recruiting Zone, Independent Recruiting Office (Delhi Cantt) or Ladakh Scouts Regimental Centre covering their place of domicile.
(c) Service candidates will appear for screening and written in the Recruiting
Zones or Independent Recruiting Office (Delhi Cantt) nearest to their place of
(d) Submission of Application by Civil Candidates.
(i) Civil Candidates: Civil candidates applying for Pandit, Granthi, Padri, and Maulvi (Sunni) categories, applications will only be accepted online on website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in. Manual applications for these categories will be rejected (detailed instructions given in ‘INSTRUCTIONS FOR ONLINE APPLICATION’), attached as Appendix ‘A’.
(ii) Civil Gorkha Candidates: Civil Gorkha candidates applying for Pandit (Gorkha) category will submit written application duly filled to Gorkha Recruiting Depot, Kunraghat only (please refer application pro-forma).
(iii) Civil Muslim (Shia) Candidates of Ladakh Region: Civil Muslim (Shia) candidates of Ladakh Region applying for Maulvi (Shia) category will submit written application duly filled to Ladakh Scouts Regimental Centre, Leh only(please refer application pro-forma).
(iv) Civil Buddhist (Mahayana) Candidates of other than Sikkim
Civil Buddhist (Mahayana) candidates of other than Sikkim Region applying for Bodh Monk will submit written application duly filled to Ladakh
Scouts Regimental Centre, Leh only (please refer application pro-forma).
(e) Submission of Application by Service Candidates: Applications will only be accepted through official channel (detailed instructions are in ‘INSTRUCTIONS FOR SERVING SOLDIER’), attached as Appendix ‘B’.
(f) All the above terms and conditions, vacancies and selection procedures are
subject to change from time to time. Only male candidates are eligible to apply.
(g) List of recognised universities is as given on the official website of UGC.
(h) Candidates who are serving with any organization and are selected for the
interview will produce “No Objection Certificate” from their employer at Zonal Recruiting Office before dispatch.
(j) The candidates are required to produce the following original documents, when called for screening: –
(i) Character certificate by Sarpanch of the Village or authorized signatory of the State Government.
(ii) Domicile/Resident/Nativity certificate from the authorized signatory of the State Government.
(iii) Original Certificate from matriculation onward and detailed mark sheet of each year separately pertaining to educational qualification.
(iv) Son of Servicemen/Ex-servicemen, Son of War Widow/Son of Widow,certificate in original, if applicable.
(k) Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearms i.e., from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reverse side of palm/back (dorsal) side of hand. Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body are not acceptable and candidates will be barred from further selection. Tribes with tattoo marks on the face or body as per their existing custom and traditions will be permitted on a case to case basis.
(l) Do not use performance booster drugs to clear physical fitness test. It is better to practice and clear the test.
(m) Touts and agents have no role to play and candidates are advised not to be lured by such agents/agencies.
(n) Do not use mobile phones or unfair means during Common Entrance Exam.
(o) Candidates will get their pre-medical examination done under own arrangement before participating in Physical Fitness Test. Recruitment organisation will not be responsible for any mis-happening.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR CIVIL CANDIDATES FOR ONLINE APPLICATION JCO (RT) PANDIT, GRANTHI, PADRI AND MAULVI CATEGORIES ONLY.
1) Recruitment of Junior Commissioned Officer (Religious Teacher) for Pandit, Granthi, Padri and Maulvi(Sunni) categories will be through the online registration and online application on our website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
2) Candidates can click on “Check Eligibility” on www.joinindianarmy.nic.in and can apply online for chosen / eligible career option in the Indian Army.
For online application candidates should carry the following: –
(a) Education qualification certificates including matriculation certificate.
(b) Personal details, including permanent address with PIN Number.
(c) Verification / domicile certificate.
(d) Have a personal valid e-mail.
(e) Have a personal mobile number.
3) Procedure for Applying Online.For registering online, visit the website
www.joinindianarmy.nic.in and proceed as follow: –
(a) Click on the portion “JCO / OR Apply / Login”on the home page in JCO/ OR
enrolment row (green coloured).
(b) Fill the online registration form.Tips to assist in filling up field have been
provided as you highlight each field.
(c) After filling the details, your profile will open.
(d) Click on Apply Online. As per your eligibility, the options with caption
Apply Online will appear.
Click on the Button to apply and details filled in during registration will come as prefilled.
Fill the balance details on each tab like contact details and education details etc.
(e) After filling the form, click on preview and check if all the information entered
by you is correct as you will not be able to make any correction after saving.
If candidate finds all the information correctly then press submit. Without pressing ‘Submit’ tab application is not accepted.
(f) Candidates can log in by using the e-mail id and password and candidates
can take the print out of the applicationform any time.
(g) Once the registration closes on the last day, system will generate Roll
Number for eligible candidates.
(h) Applicants are advised to check the profile on www.joinindianarmy.nic.in forobtaining Roll Number.
(j) Admit Card is generated when the rally is scheduled.
(k) Applicants are advised to check the profile on www.joinindianarmy.nic.in for Admit Card.
(l) The candidates are required to print one copy of Admit Card and affix their
recent passport size photograph on it.
4) Online registration does not imply that the candidate has fulfilled all the criteria for recruitment.
5) Your registration is subject to subsequent scrutiny and can be rejected, if found INELIGIBLE/INVALID at any point of time.
6) Before submitting the application check the entries made and save the application. After submitting the application, take two copies of the printout and the Roll Number generated by the system.
7) Please print one copy of Admit Card on good quality paper in black and white laser printer with 600 x 600 or higher resolution and affix your recent passport size photo on it.
8) Admit Card is compulsory document to be carried for rally on scheduled date along with following documents in Original as well as Photocopies: –
(a) Character certificate by Sarpanch of the Village or authorized signatory of the State Government.
(b) Domicile/Resident/Nativity certificate from the authorized signatory of the
(c) Certificate from matriculation onward and detailed Mark sheet of each year
separately pertaining to Educational qualification.
(d) Original and photocopy of relationship certificate issued by concerned Record Officer for Son of serviceman Ex-servicemen, Son of War Widow/Son of Widow, if applicable.
9) Candidates must submit only one application. Receipt of multiple applications from the same candidate will result in cancellation of candidature.
“Do not waste your money on touts. Recruiting process has been Computerized, and Touts cannot influence anything. Have faith on your hard work”
The terms and conditions, given in the notification and on the website are subject to hange and should therefore be treated as guidelines only. In case of any ambiguity the existing policies rules and regulation of Indian Army / Govt of India will be final. Details are also available on website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.